Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by jclaros <jc...@sagaftra.org> on 2018/04/10 19:00:57 UTC

Using Solr to search website and external Oracle ServiceCloud

Hello,
I have a drupal website that uses SOLR.
When a user searches our website, I would like to now return results from 2
sources:
(1) our website
(2) our external Oracle ServiceCloud knowledge base

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

Re: Using Solr to search website and external Oracle ServiceCloud

Posted by Emir Arnautović <em...@sematext.com>.
Hi,
You have several options:
1. keep date as is and implement federated search logic with two queries - one to Solr and other to Oracle. PRO: no need to change data flow. CON: Results are not comparable when it comes to scores and you will probably need to present it as separate groups
2. import data from Oracle to Solr and align it so it has the same structure. PRO: ability to run a single query and have mixed results based on relevancy. With mixing content, you can have better stats and have more relevant results.  CON: need to change data flow or sync Oracle-Solr
3. import data from Oracle to Solr but keep FAQ as a separate collection. PRO:  a single search engine and no need to align knowledge base content with site content. CON: the same issues as with 1. and 2.

HTH,
Emir