Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by smartdog <jw...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/05 03:18:29 UTC

Does broker federation work with azure service bus?

We need post some messages to Azure Service Bus and figure it would be nice
(in case Azure service bus is down) to post messages to the local qpid
broker first and then let the broker propagate messages to Azure.

I tried with

qpid-route -d queue add azureuser/password@namespace.servicebus.windows.net
127.0.0.1:5672 amq.fanout brokerqueue

and got Failed: VersionError - client: 0-10, server: 0-0

It seems related with version conflict (Azure supports amqp 1.0, while
broker is amqp 0-10)

Any idea or this just won't work? Thanks.

Re: Does broker federation work with azure service bus?

Posted by smartdog <jw...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply. Would you please elaborate more as both support amqp
1.0?

Re: Does broker federation work with azure service bus?

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
It won't work.

-Steve