Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vincent Blondel <vi...@xtra-net.org> on 2006/02/20 20:17:29 UTC

[users@httpd] Alias'es for each User

Hello guys,

I get today a 'aliasname' defined in a Virtual Host and this is working
fine, like this :

Directory Structure

  /home/website/public_html <--> DocumentRoot <--> http://hostname/
  /home/website/aliasname <--> Alias Definition <-->
http://hostname/aliasname

.. and this is the piece of code defining the 'aliasname'.

    Alias /aliasname "/home/website/aliasname/"

    <Directory "/home/website/aliasname/">
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

As you can see, I put aliasname and public_html directories on the same
level for some security reasons and this is the reason why I am using an
alias definition.

Now I would like to configure this on another server where I get many
users for which I would like to give the opportunity to get this same
aliasname defined but this doesn't work until now.

So my directory structure would be something like this :

/home/User1/public_html
            aliasname
      User2/public_html
            aliasname
 ...   ...

-> I defined the virtual host
-> mod_userdir module with this config

    UserDir public_html

    <Directory /home/*/public_html>
        AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit Indexes
        Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
        <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
            Order allow,deny
            Allow from all
        </Limit>
        <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
            Order deny,allow
            Deny from all
        </LimitExcept>
    </Directory>

but how can I define my 'aliasname' so that it will be available for
each user ?

Thanks to help me.
Vincent.