Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/17 18:57:50 UTC

Official Docker Images

Hi all,

Current docker images are auto-built by apache docker account. It becomes a
bit problematic in the release process. We might consider moving the docker
build process out of apache main repo.

So I am restarting the discussion about "official docker image", following
what flink is doing. flink maintains a separate repo:
https://github.com/docker-flink and update docker "official-images" repo.

We can do the similar thing:

- create an `apachebookkeeper` org and a `docker` repo under it
- update docker "official-images"

The docker repo will be managed under bookkeeper pmc. So docker files
update will only be done when a bookkeeper release is completed, which
would make the release sequence clearer and also we are able to publish
"docker-official" images.

Thoughts?

[1] https://docs.docker.com/docker-hub/official_repos/
[2] https://github.com/docker-library/docs
[3] https://flink.apache.org/news/2017/05/16/official-docker-image.html

- Sijie

Re: Official Docker Images

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Marked the BP as accepted.

3 sub-tasks are created under
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/issues/1449

-  add bookkeeper docker definition to docker-library/official-images
- add bookkeeper docker doc to https://github.com/docker-library/docs
- update release guide about docker image release procedure.

If anyone has cycles to help with this, that would be great!

I also added most of the committers to the docker repo. so you guys all
have admin permissions to operate that repo.

- Sijie

Re: Official Docker Images

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.

Re: Official Docker Images