Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org> on 2002/10/16 17:42:25 UTC

Re: [Newbie] Need some help

Todd Cary wrote:
> I currently have PHP running on my Linux "learning server" along with
> Apache.  Though I have been programming for a living since 1973, my
> knowledge of Java, how serverside Java works, how to implement JSP is nil.
>
> Is there some documentation that can get me started without overloading
> me with a plethora if details?
>
> I would like to install TomCat on my RH Linux server, but the Install
> docs are rather daunting......

You should go to tomcat-user list and since you're using RH Linux, take
a look at the rpm available at :

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.1.12/rpms/

Regards

Re: [Newbie] Need some help

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Henri Gomez wrote:
> Todd Cary wrote:
>
>> I currently have PHP running on my Linux "learning server" along with
>> Apache.  Though I have been programming for a living since 1973, my
>> knowledge of Java, how serverside Java works, how to implement JSP is
>> nil.
>>
>> Is there some documentation that can get me started without
>> overloading me with a plethora if details?
>>
>> I would like to install TomCat on my RH Linux server, but the Install
>> docs are rather daunting......
>

> You should go to tomcat-user list

I mean, tomcat-user list which be able to provide much more users
informations and experience than tomcat-dev which is focused on
tomcat developpement.

Regards ;)