Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> on 1997/08/21 03:00:05 UTC

Re: config/1019: possible followup to PR#145 / POST method to cgi ...

The following reply was made to PR config/1019; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
To: Dean Karres <ka...@southwind.net>
Subject: Re: config/1019: possible followup to PR#145 / POST method to cgi ...
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 18:51:36 -0600 (MDT)

 On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Dean Karres wrote:

 > To borrow from Monty Python, my brain hurts.

 Some of the erm... "features" of the current virtual host code can do
 that.

 > All of our virtual hosts are IP-based.  It would not suprise me to
 > discover that I am not configuring everything correctly or efficiently.
 >
 > At the moment we are still using the three "standard" conf files.  Is it
 > best to pull all of the <Dir / <Loc /... definitions into the
 > corresponding virtual host definition?  Another way to ask this might
 > be, should I get rid of the access and srm.conf files by pulling all
 > that stuff into the corresponding <Virtual defs in the httpd.conf file?

 No, not generally.  You could give it a try though.  What you may want to
 do is setup a test server on a different port and start with a base
 config with no virtualhosts, which may work, then start adding things
 until it breaks.

 > If this matters, the affected directory is part of our main server/host
 > and is part of its DocumentRoot.

 My best guess would be that you think it is a part of the main server, but
 Apache thinks something different.   Go through each virtual host, and
 verify that it has a unique IP address that is different from the main
 server.  It may be easiest for you to send the appropriate (ie.
 virtualhost, a bit of the main stuff) parts of your config files for us to
 look at.

 This is just a quick comment so that you can see if you can figure it out
 before I get time to go into more depth.