Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Steve Skrla <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/22 00:39:37 UTC

PermissionAnnotationMethodInterceptor revision 711119 removal of functionality

Earlier today I set out to extend the @RequiresPermission annotation to
support method argument addressing. For example:

*@RequiresPermision("update.user.$0.id") public void update(User user, ...);
*

While digging around the classes I found that there is already code in place
to do something similar, GREAT! However... it was commented out of
PermissionAnnotationMethodInterceptor on 10/14/08.  The commit notes read:

*JavaDoc modifications and new feature (3 new annotations and corresponding
AnnotationHandler and *MethodInterceptor implementations to support them) --
pharaohh*

I was wondering why the functionality was removed (or if it was moved some
where I missed?).

Thanks,
--Steve Skrla

Re: PermissionAnnotationMethodInterceptor revision 711119 removal of functionality

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Hi Steve,

It's great that you're looking in to this - it hasn't been high on the
1.0 radar, but I personally think it is very worthwhile.

I *think* the reason it was commented out (it has been a while) is
that we didn't have a clean way to do it across all environments - not
just Spring - and were looking to change things to work correctly.

If you have any ideas or contributions to get this working, we'd love to see it!

Cheers,

Les