Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Thomas Wenk <Th...@uni-dortmund.de> on 2005/11/15 14:00:24 UTC

understanding ACL / 403 forbidden though ACL grants all

Hi,

I 've a question concerning the ACL in slide 2.1 : The acl command in
the webdavclient returns the following output:

ACL for /webdav/person/tester/:
granted to /webdav/roles/tester    (not protected)   (not inherited)
    DAV:all
granted to /webdav/roles/root    (not protected)   (inherited from
'/webdav/person')
    DAV:all
granted to property    (not protected)   (inherited from '/webdav/person')
    DAV:read-acl
granted to /webdav/roles/user    (not protected)   (inherited from
'/webdav/person')
    DAV:read-acl
granted to /webdav/roles/root    (not protected)   (inherited from
'/webdav/')
    DAV:all
denied to unauthenticated    (not protected)   (inherited from '/webdav/')
    DAV:all

The user tester is a member of the role /webdav/roles/tester. I am
logged in as tester, but if I try a put command I get a 403 error:

[10.0.0.11:/webdav/person/tester/]
/home/wenk/dev/jakarta-slide-webdavclient-bin-2.1/bin $ put run.sh
Uploading
'/home/wenk/dev/jakarta-slide-webdavclient-bin-2.1/bin/run.sh' to
'/webdav/person/tester/run.sh' failed.
Forbidden (403)

How should i set the acl? If i try to grant "all" to
/webdav/users/tester I get the same result: a 403 error.

Will be thankfull for any solution!

regards,
Thomas