Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Yu, Libo " <li...@citi.com> on 2014/02/06 17:32:07 UTC

question about setting block cache size for a column family

Hi,

I know hfile.block.cache.size can set a maximum limit on the memory used by block cache.
HColumnDescriptor.setBlockSize() can set the size for a column family. I wonder if it is
possible to set the block size for each table in the configuration file. Thanks.

Regards,

Libo

Re: question about setting block cache size for a column family

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
HColumnDescriptor.setBlockSize() sets Blocksize to use when writing out
storefiles/hfiles
It doesn't affect block cache.

Cheers

Posted by Vladimir Rodionov <vr...@carrieriq.com>.
You can do this in hbase shell, or in code when you create or modify table.

Best regards,
Vladimir Rodionov
Principal Platform Engineer
Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com
I know hfile.block.cache.size can set a maximum limit on the memory used by block cache.
HColumnDescriptor.setBlockSize() can set the size for a column family. I wonder if it is
possible to set the block size for each table in the configuration file. Thanks.

Regards,

Libo

Confidentiality Notice:  The information contained in this message, including any attachments hereto, may be confidential and is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom this message is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent or designee of the intended recipient, please note that any review, use, disclosure or distribution of this message or its attachments, in any form, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and/or Notifications@carrieriq.com and delete or destroy any copy of this message and its attachments.