Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Prajakta Kalmegh <pr...@in.ibm.com> on 2012/06/08 11:26:37 UTC

Hadoop command not found:hdfs and yarn

Hi

I am trying to execute the following commands for setting up Hadoop:
# Format the namenode
hdfs namenode -format
# Start the namenode
hdfs namenode
# Start a datanode
hdfs datanode

yarn resourcemanager
yarn nodemanager

It gives me a "Hadoop Command not found." error for all the commands. When
I try to use "hadoop namenode -format" instead, it gives me a deprecated
command warning. Can someone please tell me if I am missing including any
env variables? I have included HADOOP_COMMON_HOME, HADOOP_HDFS_HOME,
HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME, YARN_HOME, HADOOP_CONF_DIR, YARN_CONF_DIR,
HADOOP_PREFIX in my path (apart from java etc).

I am following the instructions for setting up Hadoop with Eclipse given
in
- http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToSetupYourDevelopmentEnvironment
-
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r2.0.0-alpha/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/SingleCluster.html

Regards,
Prajakta

Re: Hadoop command not found:hdfs and yarn

Posted by Jagat Singh <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hello ,

Can you quickly review your hadoop install with below page may be you get
some hints to install.

http://jugnu-life.blogspot.in/2012/05/hadoop-20-install-tutorial-023x.html

The depreciated warning is correct as hadoop jobs have been divided now.

Regards,

Jagat Singh