Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Susam Pal <su...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/21 00:54:44 UTC

Re: NTLM v2 support?

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 2:56 AM, Otis Gospodnetic <og...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does the latest Nutch release support NTLM v2?  I know NTLM is supported (
> http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/HttpAuthenticationSchemes ), but I can't find any
> explicit references to NTLM version supported.
>
> Thanks,
> Otis
> ----

I don't know whether commons-httpclient-3.1.jar supported NTLM v2.
This is the JAR the authentication code depends on.

I have copied this email to httpclient-users in case anyone from
httpclient-users can tell us whether NTLM v2 was supported in
HttpClient 3.1.

Susam Pal

Re: NTLM v2 support?

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 04:24 +0530, Susam Pal wrote:

> I don't know whether commons-httpclient-3.1.jar supported NTLM v2.
> This is the JAR the authentication code depends on.
>
> I have copied this email to httpclient-users in case anyone from
> httpclient-users can tell us whether NTLM v2 was supported in
> HttpClient 3.1.
>
> Susam Pal

HttpClient 3.1 supports NTLMv1 only. Please consider upgrading to
HttpClient 4.1 if you need NTLMv2 or SPNEGO/Kerberos support.

Oleg

Re: NTLM v2 support?

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.