Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by balahura <ro...@java.ca> on 2007/04/22 19:55:58 UTC

Broker not dispatching messages

Hii,

Description of setup:

OS: Redhat Linux 2.6.9-42.0.8.ELsmp
Java 1.5.0.11
ActiveMQ 4.1.1

We have a 5 server configuration where initially we were going to run
the activemq broker on 2 machines and have the other 3 connect to
those accordingly.

We were using a connection url like the following:
failover:tcp://brokerhost:61616

The failover portion indicates to activemq to automatically reconnect
should network interruptions occur.  All our producer / consumer
objects extend a connection which remains constant throughout the
operation.  If the network is interrupted the connection does indeed
reconnect and continue when the network returns.

We've configured the broker to only use an openwire connector (ssl and
stomp are disabled)

Description of problem:

After several hours (between 7 and 12 hours), it seems as if the
broker port disappears and messages produced just go nowhere.
Consumers continue to run, however never consuming anything.  They
indication the connection is find and they are waiting on the queue.
No errors ever occur in either producer, consumer or broker.

We have changed the config slightly with seeming success.  Instead of
running two brokers, we now run 5.  One on every machine, with the
multicast auto discovery system enabled. Every producer / consumer now
connects to localhost instead.

This is also very acceptable, however we would like to know why a
sustained connection cannot be maintained to a local area network
host.

Thanks for any support!

\rob