Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Olaf van der Spek <ml...@vdspek.org> on 2016/11/22 07:58:32 UTC

How to hide unversioned files from svn status

Hi,

How does one hide ALL unversioned files from ALL svn status commands?
I don't want to add all files to svn-ignore, I'd just like this one
command to not show them.

--
Olaf

Re: How to hide unversioned files from svn status

Posted by Olaf van der Spek <ml...@vdspek.org>.
On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 10:13 PM, Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl> wrote:
> Or set
> [miscellany]
> global-ignores = *
>
> In ~/.subversion/config

That does the trick, thanks a lot!

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

Or set
[miscellany]
global-ignores = *

In ~/.subversion/config

	Bert

Re: How to hide unversioned files from svn status

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 22.11.2016 16:30, Olaf van der Spek wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 10:40 AM, Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
>> Johan Corveleyn wrote on Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 09:43:26 +0100:
>>> If you want to add that option to every status command, maybe you can
>>> use a shell alias or something similar for that?
>> For Bourne-like shells:
>>
>>     svn() {
>>       case "$1" in
>>         st|stat|staus) command svn -q "$@";;
>>         *) command svn "$@";;
>>       esac
>>     }
>>
>> (Put that in your shell's dotfiles.)
> I'm not a fan of such hacks.. ;)
> Wouldn't it make sense to have a conf file option for this?

In short ... no. The svn:ignore property already does what you need,
with less chance of shooting yourself in the foot. You can always set
svn:ignore to * if you really want that ...

-- Brane

Re: How to hide unversioned files from svn status

Posted by Olaf van der Spek <ml...@vdspek.org>.

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 8:58 AM, Olaf van der Spek <ml...@vdspek.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How does one hide ALL unversioned files from ALL svn status commands?
> I don't want to add all files to svn-ignore, I'd just like this one
> command to not show them.

I think the -q option does that. From 'svn help status':

[[[
  -q [--quiet]             : don't print unversioned items
]]]