Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Andre Ambrosio <an...@eminit.com> on 2006/07/10 13:31:35 UTC

Apache and mod_dav_svn

Hi guys,

I could go a little further with my Apache + Subversion situation. Now,
I have mod_dav_svn and mod_authz installed but when they are added to
httpd.conf, Apache says it won't restart! If I try to start Apache only
with mod_authz, it complains that mod_dav_svn is missing. When starting
only with mod_dav_svn, it still won't do restart.

Do you know a reason that could cause this? Anyone passed thru this kind
of trouble?

Thanks,

Andre.

RE: Re: Re: Re: Apache and mod_dav_svn

Posted by Andre Ambrosio <an...@eminit.com>.
Yep, very srange. Now I'm stuck somewhere I don't have some output to
guide me towards a solution!

Thanks for the help, I still have hope.

Andre.

Posted by Brian Munroe <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andre Ambrosio <an...@eminit.com>.
Brian,

Posted by Brian Munroe <br...@gmail.com>.

RE: Re: Apache and mod_dav_svn

Posted by Andre Ambrosio <an...@eminit.com>.
Hi Brian,

Yes, I have mod_dav_fs loading fine even before Subversion installation.

On error_log, there is nothing written. The output that I get when I run
'apachectl restart' is: "apachectl: Configuration syntax error, will not
run 'restart'". I'm pretty sure that syntax is OK, and the two lines
added (LoadModules for svn, authz) were added by Subversion.

Do you have any clues?

Thanks for your reply! Regards,

Andre.

> Do you know a reason that could cause this? Anyone passed thru this
> kind of trouble?

Do you have mod_dav_fs compiled in and loading as well?  Can you give us
the tail end of your Apache error_log.

-- brian

Re: Apache and mod_dav_svn

Posted by Brian Munroe <br...@gmail.com>.