Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Thomas Fox <Th...@seitenbau.net> on 2012/06/14 00:33:53 UTC

changelog via jira ?

I have thought about the changelog chnages.xml vs jira issue, and my
preference would be to use jira for changelog. The reasons being that it is
less work and jira provides a sortable/searchable list.

If you have objections to that, please make them known.

I'll check that the changes.xml entries for 4.0 are also in jira and
subsequently delete them. For those who aren't in jira i'll create and
resolve jira tickets. There will be a new changes html page pointing to
jira and the changes.xml generated page will be referred to as "historical
changes"

   Thomas

Re: changelog via jira ?

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
On 14.06.12 00:33, Thomas Fox wrote:
> I have thought about the changelog chnages.xml vs jira issue, and my
> preference would be to use jira for changelog. The reasons being that it is
> less work and jira provides a sortable/searchable list.

My only wish would be that the list of changes should be available from
the project site, not only from JIRA. There is some support for JIRA
reports in the maven-changes-plugin.

> I'll check that the changes.xml entries for 4.0 are also in jira and
> subsequently delete them. For those who aren't in jira i'll create and
> resolve jira tickets. There will be a new changes html page pointing to
> jira and the changes.xml generated page will be referred to as "historical
> changes"

Thanks for investing that effort. I rally appreciate that.

Bye, Thomas.