Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pete Steijn <ps...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/18 21:52:15 UTC

Tomcat Connection Pooling - Future of?

Greetings,

I am a student at the University of Delaware looking to do research on
connection pooling.

Currently I am analyzing the feasability of optimizing connection pooling.
My hypothesis is that using a statistical analysis of the usage history to
create a prediction of usage levels in the future, and adjusting the
connection pool's settings based on usage level predictions will increase
the throughput and decrease system requirements for websites with trends in
user levels.

does anyone know of any research that has been done / currently being done
on this topic?

Sincerely,
Peter K. Steijn