Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/09/09 05:06:27 UTC

[VOTE] Metron Release Candidate 0.4.1-RC4

Colleagues,
This is a call to vote on releasing Apache Metron 0.4.1.
The release candidate is available at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/metron/0.4.1-RC4/

Full list of changes in this release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/metron/0.4.1-RC4/CHANGES

The github tag to be voted upon is:
apache-metron-0.4.1-rc4

The source archive being voted upon can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/metron/0.4.1-RC4/apache-metron-0.4.1-rc4.tar.gz

The site-book is at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/metron/0.4.1-RC4/site-book/index.html

Other release files, signatures and digests can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/metron/0.4.1-RC4/

The release artifacts are signed with the following key:
4169 AA27 ECB3 1663 in https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/metron/0.4.1-RC4/KEYS

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Metron 0.4.1

When voting, please list the actions taken to verify the release.

Recommended build validation and verification instructions are posted here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Verifying+Builds

This vote will be open until 5pm PDT Wednesday 13 Sep, due to the weekend.
Thanks,
--Matt
(release manager)

Re: [VOTE] Metron Release Candidate 0.4.1-RC4

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
+1.

- verified signature

- time mvn -q -T 2C -DskipTests install && time mvn -q -T 2C
surefire:test@unit-tests && time mvn -q surefire:test@integration-tests  &&
time mvn -q test --projects metron-interface/metron-config && time
build_utils/verify_licenses.sh

- searched for 0.4.0

- ran in full dev
- data in kibana
- config ui works
- add new grok parser, test grok expression
- ambari green
- ran stellar, some commands

Posted by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org>.
Just a reminder this vote is set to close this evening, and it looks to be currently passing.
Concerns raised, but not -1’ed, include:
- METRON-1173: Fix pointers to old stellar docs
- Lauren’s issue with “masters_also_are_datanodes” ES config param possibly not editing correctly in Ambari
- Mike’s discovery that the same ES param defaults to “1” rather than “true” in full-dev (not yet answered whether that causes any dysfunction)

Thanks,
--Matt

On 9/12/17, 10:47 AM, "Nick Allen" <ni...@nickallen.org> wrote:

    +1 (binding)

    Deployed to Full Dev and AWS successfully.

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

--

Jon

Re: [VOTE] Metron Release Candidate 0.4.1-RC4

Posted by Anand Subramanian <as...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)