Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net> on 2003/09/29 15:46:17 UTC

[HiveMind] Ignored parsing problems

Last night I built a proof of concept for my work with
Tapestry/HiveMind/iBatisDB. It was so much fun and the code is so clean.
Long live open source!

Now to the question. While building the proof of concept, I spent most
of the time debugging one stupid typo in the module descriptor.
Apparently I did not have the logger set up or I would have seen the
problem. I can see from a microkernel stand point why it should not
crash, but is there a way we can turn the logger on by placing a default
log properties in the distribution or something?

-Harish

Re: [HiveMind] Ignored parsing problems

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.
Yes Tomcat was running on JDK 1.4, but I have used Log4j with this
Tomcat before so I will have to play with it. It would be nice if we
could some way force the logs like other kernels do on a console. But
not sure how though, may be it should just be a flashing, bold warning
sign in the documentation! I am sure a lot of the newbie's would face
this situation.

-Harish

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.