Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com> on 2014/09/03 10:51:23 UTC

Specifying the network in cartridge definition

Hi,

I have an openstack deployment where two networks exist. How do I specify
the network to be used to spawn the instances in the cartridge definition?

Regards,
Chamila de Alwis
Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com

Re: Specifying the network in cartridge definition

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.
Great stuff.  Thanks Jeffrey!

Posted by "Jeffrey Nguyen (jeffrngu)" <je...@cisco.com>.
Hi Chris,

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Jeffrey Nguyen (jeffrngu)" <je...@cisco.com>.
Hi Chris, Udara,

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi Chamila,

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for adding it to FAQ.

Touched, not typed. Erroneous words are a feature, not a typo.

Re: Specifying the network in cartridge definition

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
Thanks Udara for the prompt reply. I was able to specify the network
successfully.

Manula,

I was referring to what Udara mentioned here.

Regards,
Chamila de Alwis
Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi Manula,

STRATOS-698 refers to the issue where user wants to assign the floating IP
to a specific interface. If you define multiple network definition as I
mentioned, the instance will have three network interface (use ifconfig -a
to check ) referring to each network specified. AFAIR The instance will be
assigned three private IPs and floating IP will be assigned to the first
interface

Posted by Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte <ma...@wso2.com>.
Hi Chamila,