Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Leigh <cf...@yahoo.com> on 2011/02/27 06:54:22 UTC

questions about the XLS2CSVmra template

I have been studying the XLS2CSVmra template and have a few questions on how I might adapt it for my needs. (This is the first time I have delved into the event api)

1) What is the most efficient way to process a single sheet only, rather than all sheets? I was thinking I could modify the section that detects new worksheets (ie case BOFRecord.sid). If the current sheet is the one I want, then enable some sort processing flag. Is there a more efficient method?

2) What is the simplest way to ignore missing _rows_, but still capture missing cells? My initial thought was create a custom listener based on MissingRecordAwareHSSFListener and simply omit the code that fires off missing row records. Any pitfalls in that approach and is there a better approach?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

-Leigh