Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Sichen Zhao <zs...@outlook.com> on 2018/08/09 13:22:29 UTC

YARN SLS improving ideas

Hi,
I am a developer from AliBaBa China, i recently used SLS for scheduling simulation, SLS currently supports multidimensional resource input(CPU, mem , other resources: disk). But SLS can't take scheduling request, which is currently widely used in YARN, as input, so Placement Constraints and attributes are not supported.

So what i wanna improve the SLS: Add scheduling emulation for scheduling request resource format.

The specific work is as follows:
1. Add input support for the scheduling request format.
2. Add support for scheduling request resource format in NMSim.
3. Adding scheduling request support for the Capacity Scheduler(maybe it is already done in current version).

What do you think about my ideas?

Best Regards
Sichen Zhao

Re: YARN SLS improving ideas

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.
+1, I think you should go ahead, file JIRA and work on that if you have
interests :)

Thanks,
Wangda