Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/12/16 17:06:40 UTC

New camel-cassandra component: Licenses doubt

Hi all,
I'm currently working on a new component: camel-cassandra.
This component will use: - Datastax Java Driver (Apache License 2.0)
and for unit testing - Cassandra-Unit
My doubt is related to this last project. This work is licensed under LGPL V 3.0 and should be very useful to have an embedded cassandra instance in the camel component test classes.
Is LGPL V 3.0 compatible with Apache License 2.0? From the GPL Compatibility on apache.org I'd say yes. Anyway I prefer to have an answer from the community.
The datastax java driver use the following compressor: LZ4Compressor, SnappyCompressor and DeflateCompressor as documentation reports.
Anyway this compressors use different licenses: LZ4Compressor have a new BSD license, while Snappy compressor use Apache License 2.0. At this moment I'm not including these libraries in the pom.xml, the only evidence of this is a Warning. Do you have any ideas on how to manage this situation?
Thanks a lot,Bye,Andrea Cosentino

Re: New camel-cassandra component: Licenses doubt

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I’m not sure if we use LGPLv3 jar inside of Apache Camel, but we have camel-extra[1] to host the components which may not be hosted Apache Camel repository due to license issue.

[1]https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/camel-extra/?redir=1

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com
http://jnn.iteye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by joef <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Regarding a Camel component for Cassandra, I've been working on such a
component. Check out  camel-cql <https://github.com/joef551/camel-cql>  .

Regards
Joe

Re: New camel-cassandra component: Licenses doubt

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
No, it's not possible: http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html#category-x

Best,
Christian

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Andrea Cosentino <

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,