Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris Santerre <cs...@MerchantsOverseas.com> on 2004/09/16 15:36:53 UTC

[SARE] Some SARE spam.

Greetings Spamfighters.

This is the only time I'll mention this. I , yes I, requested a paypal
donate button for SARE. I put it up on the homepage of SARE. I wanted this
just because our host has been very good to us, and put up with quite a lot
of traffic :) They Never asked for anything. Not even a mention, which I
will do.

Nxtek, for all your hosting needs! www.nxtek.net/
NO I don't know the cute girl's name on their page. They won't tell me! :)

So anywho, this doesn't go to my Nvidia 6800 or Dodge viper slush funds. I
spent that on an ice coffee yesterday. Anything you donate goes to our host.
And NO, you don't have to donate anything to use SARE.

If you do donate, make it odd amounts. Like they all end in 37 cents. Just
to drive them silly ;)

Does anyone else seriously think that donating to a open source project
should be a tax write off? Or am I the only one??? Would a project have to
become a non profit? I just see sooo many people donating things to open
source, they should at least get a tax break. I mean, I can work in a soup
kitchen and get a write off for my time, but spending hours fighting spam
for the world? The SA devs shouldn't have to ever pay taxes ;)

Chris Santerre
System Admin and SARE Ninja
http://www.rulesemporium.com
http://www.surbl.org
'It is not the strongest of the species that survives,
not the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.'
Charles Darwin

Re: [SARE] Some SARE spam.

Posted by Jim Maul <jm...@elih.org>.
Quoting Chris Santerre <cs...@MerchantsOverseas.com>:

> Greetings Spamfighters.
>
> This is the only time I'll mention this. I , yes I, requested a paypal
> donate button for SARE. I put it up on the homepage of SARE. I wanted this
> just because our host has been very good to us, and put up with quite a lot
> of traffic :) They Never asked for anything. Not even a mention, which I
> will do.
>
> Nxtek, for all your hosting needs! www.nxtek.net/
> NO I don't know the cute girl's name on their page. They won't tell me! :)

Personally i like her better

http://www.relaycom.com/rcanswer.html

But i just got a thing for blondes...

-Jim

Re: [SARE] Some SARE spam.

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 09:36:53AM -0400, Chris Santerre wrote:
> Does anyone else seriously think that donating to a open source project
> should be a tax write off? Or am I the only one??? Would a project have to

You know, if you donate to the Apache Software Foundation (see
http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html), it is a tax
deductable. :)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
I've run DOOM more in the last few days than I have the last few