Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org> on 2015/12/02 03:28:04 UTC

[NOTICE]: Apache Thrift Security Vulnerability CVE-2015-1774

CVE-2015-1774

A security vulnerability was discovered in the Apache Thrift client
libraries,
CVE-2015-3254. It was determined that in some cases a remote user could
cause unlimited recursion when the skip() function was called within the
server.
This has being addressed in the Apache Thrift 0.9.3 release and was tracked
in
THRIFT-3231 [2].

Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation

Versions Affected: All Apache Thrift versions 0.9.2 and older may be
affected

Mitigation: Upgrading to the latest 0.9.3 release

-Jake Farrell

[1]: CVE-2015-3254
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-3231

Re: [NOTICE]: Apache Thrift Security Vulnerability CVE-2015-1774

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Supun,

Thanks for noticing this. Since the CVE said all 0.9.2 and older may be effected, it might be better we move to 0.9.3 before 0.16 release. I created a JIRA to track this task - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1883 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1883>

Suresh

Fwd: [NOTICE]: Apache Thrift Security Vulnerability CVE-2015-1774

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Both the Subject and the heading in the body of this message do not
agree with the CVE referenced in the main text.

A correction needs to be issued.

Mark

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.