Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com> on 2008/08/21 12:15:13 UTC

[vote] Release of cocoon-template-impl-1.0.0 and cocoon-forms-impl-1.0.0

Hello Cocoon community,

I've prepared artifacts for the release of our two blocks:

Cocoon Forms Impl 1.0.0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is Avalon-based (contrary to the 1.1.0 release that has been already published and is
Spring-based) version of Cocoon Forms. However, this version is already using SSF for serving resources.

Cocoon Template Impl 1.0.0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Similarly to the Forms block, template block is also based on Avalon. There are no other differences
compared to 1.1.0 version which was already published as well.

                               - o -

The idea of releasing both artifacts is to make migration to Cocoon 2.2 easier for people that have
their own extensions to the given blocks. With use of 1.1.0 versions they would be forced to migrate
those extensions to Spring immediately which makes migration more difficult.

                               - o -

The proposed artifacts can be tested either with Cocoon Core 2.2.0 or trunk.

For testing on your own add a 'cocoon-staging' profile to your Maven settings.xml:

     <profile>
       <id>cocoon-staging</id>
       <repositories>
         <repository>
           <id>cocoon.staging</id>
           <name>Cocoon staging repository</name>
           <url>http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon</url>
         </repository>
       </repositories>
       <pluginRepositories>
         <pluginRepository>
           <id>cocoon.staging</id>
           <name>Cocoon staging repository</name>
           <url>http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon</url>
         </pluginRepository>
       </pluginRepositories>
     </profile>

and use the proposed artifacts instead of SNAPSHOT versions.

                               - o -

You can find the staged files for all modules (sources, binaries, javadocs, checksums, gpg
signatures) at

  - http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/
    (Maven 2 repo)
  - http://people.apache.org/~gkossakowski/cocoon-staging/
    (Standard release artifacts)

SVN tags of all these artifacts can be found at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/.

This majority vote stays open for 72 hours.

Please cast your votes.
Here is my +1

After testing them throughly with rather big application that heavily relies on both Forms and
Templates blocks. No problems were found.

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski

[summary][vote] Release of cocoon-template-impl-1.0.0 and cocoon-forms-impl-1.0.0

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Grzegorz Kossakowski pisze:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski pisze:
>> Hello Cocoon community,
>>
>> I've prepared artifacts for the release of our two blocks:
>>
>> Cocoon Forms Impl 1.0.0
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> This is Avalon-based (contrary to the 1.1.0 release that has been
>> already published and is Spring-based) version of Cocoon Forms.
>> However, this version is already using SSF for serving resources.
>>

>> Cocoon Template Impl 1.0.0
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Similarly to the Forms block, template block is also based on Avalon.
>> There are no other differences compared to 1.1.0 version which was
>> already published as well.
>>
> [...]
>>
>> Please cast your votes.
>> Here is my +1
>>
>> After testing them throughly with rather big application that heavily
>> relies on both Forms and Templates blocks. No problems were found.
>>

> The vote has passed with three +1 and no negative ones. I'll proceed
> with publishing and announcing these blocks ASAP.

Forgot to add summary tag in the subject.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: [vote] Release of cocoon-template-impl-1.0.0 and cocoon-forms-impl-1.0.0

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Grzegorz Kossakowski pisze:
> Hello Cocoon community,
>
> I've prepared artifacts for the release of our two blocks:
>
> Cocoon Forms Impl 1.0.0
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> This is Avalon-based (contrary to the 1.1.0 release that has been
> already published and is Spring-based) version of Cocoon Forms. However,
> this version is already using SSF for serving resources.
>

> Cocoon Template Impl 1.0.0
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Similarly to the Forms block, template block is also based on Avalon.
> There are no other differences compared to 1.1.0 version which was
> already published as well.

[...]

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 12:15 +0200, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Hello Cocoon community,
> SVN tags of all these artifacts can be found at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/.
>

> This majority vote stays open for 72 hours.
>
> Please cast your votes.
> Here is my +1

+1

I did not do any extensive testing, but the first impression was good.

salu2

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> You can find the staged files for all modules (sources, binaries, javadocs,
> checksums, gpg signatures) at
>
>  - http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/
>    (Maven 2 repo)
>  - http://people.apache.org/~gkossakowski/cocoon-staging/
>    (Standard release artifacts)
>

> SVN tags of all these artifacts can be found at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/.
>

> This majority vote stays open for 72 hours.

Which is past. Reinhard's recent vote almost failed too.
This is worrying.

> Please cast your votes.
> Here is my +1
>
> After testing them throughly with rather big application that heavily
> relies on both Forms and Templates blocks. No problems were found.

Here is my +1

I didn't do any testing. I did verify your PGP signatures
and md5 sums for the *.tar.gz artefacts.

I looked at some of our source license headers, and at licenses
of dependencies to see if they require attribution. No need,
so our minimal NOTICE.txt are fine.

-David