Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Christian Fredrickson <fr...@eng.utah.edu> on 2002/08/01 23:31:04 UTC

Rewrite user directories

I have a new web server. I want to redirect requests for user directories on
the new web server to the old web server, but keep the base URL. I have
succeeded to an extent. The following rules work, but only if the trailing
"/" is added to the directory.
My rule:
RewriteRule   ^/~(.+)  http://oldserver.com/~$1 [P]

As long as the trailing "/" character is added to the end of any URL
requests, the rule works and proxies them to the correct server as a proxy
so the base URL is kept. How can I get around my "/" issue?

Thank you,

Chris