Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Michele Waldman <mm...@nyc.rr.com> on 2009/02/02 17:18:58 UTC

apxs

I wrote the mod_auth_digest authenticating against mysql.

I can't compile.

apxs -i -a -I/usr/include/mysql -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -luuid -lrt
-lcrypt -lm -lz -c mod_auth_digest.c

I've tried using an extra -I and -L for crypt.

When I compile with both, I get crypt is an undefined symbol.

When I run apxs, I get the message:
If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
- add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
during execution
- add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
during linking
- use the `-Wl,--rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag
- have your system administrator add LIBDIR to `/etc/ld.so.conf'

I've tried setting the environment variables, modifying /etc/ld.so.conf and
-WI, but it's still not working.

Does anyone know how to compile with libraries?

Other modules are compiling with crypt.  I can't figure out where I'm going
wrong here.

Michele

RE: Antwort: apxs

Posted by Michele Waldman <mm...@nyc.rr.com>.
Pierre,

I spent 10 hours trying to compile.  I tried different orders.

I tried so many variations it was maddening.

Anyway, I wound up not needing the crypt function after all.

I thought I was suppose to be using encrypted passwords.  What I was really
supposed to be using was encrypted digest.

Any, it works now.

I wonder if I'm the first to write mod_auth_digest authenticating against
mysql.

Michele