Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Hongjoon Jeon <ev...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/07 09:44:03 UTC

MalformedURLException occurs when SYSTEMID value is korean character relative url.

Hi. When I use an xml file which has a DOCTYPE and the SYSTEMID has a korean
character relative url, MalformedException occurs during parsing. This does
not occur in JDK 1.4.2 with its internal crimson parser. I found that Xerces
2.6.2, Xerces 2.8.0 and JDK 1.5 have this problem.
I think that this is related to
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XERCESJ-1156 which has already bug
report and patch.

I hope this will be patched as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Re: MalformedURLException occurs when SYSTEMID value is korean character relative url.

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi,

"Hongjoon Jeon" <ev...@gmail.com> wrote on 06/07/2006 03:44:03 AM:

> Hi. When I use an xml file which has a DOCTYPE and the SYSTEMID has
> a korean character relative url, MalformedException occurs during
> parsing. This does not occur in JDK 1.4.2 with its internal crimson
> parser. I found that Xerces 2.6.2, Xerces 2.8.0 and JDK 1.5 have this
problem.
> I think that this is related to http://issues.apache.
> org/jira/browse/XERCESJ-1156 which has already bug report and patch.

Haven't had a chance to look at the specific issue you cited, however
Xerces is fairly strict in its processing of system identifiers
particularly when its resolving them. If you're passing the parser a
system ID containing characters (for instance non-ASCII characters) which
are not allowed in URIs your milage may vary.

> I hope this will be patched as soon as possible.
>
> Thank you.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab