Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Andy XueWen Qin <aq...@cisco.com> on 2000/11/07 21:25:28 UTC

Help: untar task failed on NT

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before.

I created a tar file using tar command of MKS toolkit (on WindowsNT),
but I can't untar it using the Ant's untar task, the
error message is:
---------------------------------------
java.io.IOException: bad header in block 0 record 0, header magic is not
'ustar', but '00000', or (dec) 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
        at
org.apache.tools.tar.TarInputStream.getNextEntry(TarInputStream.java:253)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Untar.execute(Untar.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java:818)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java, Compiled Code)
I checked the man page of MKStoolkit's tar command, it is a USTAR-compatible
tape archiver.

Thanks
andy