Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "Greenberg, Gary" <gg...@visa.com> on 2018/05/01 23:55:34 UTC

Can't connect to GIT repository

I am trying to clone the project from Stash to my local repository.
I can browse the remote repo via web UI.
I copied the URL for the git file and paste it into the proper field in Team->Git->Clone form.
However when I click on the "Next" button it tries to connect and give me a red message:
Cannot connect to repository at https://.....git
No explanation or reason. Tried to find a log file, but nothing recently updated.
Do I miss something?

Gary Greenberg
Staff Software Engineer
Data Product Development
ggreenbe@visa.com<ma...@visa.com>
Mobile: (650)269-7902

[/Users/nkavumpu/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_749324139]

RE: Can't connect to GIT repository

Posted by "Greenberg, Gary" <gg...@visa.com>.
I already did run it from the command line and it failed initially.
But git clone command provided an explanation :
SSL Certificate problem: unable to get local issuer
The problem was not in netbeans, really.
It was resolved by adding
[http]
              sslVerify = false
to .gitconfig file
However, it would be beneficial to provide in netbeans diagnostics to the error message.

BTW, Netbeans Team menu has an item Remote GIT, but it is not enabled. What it is supposed to do?

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.