Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Batranut Bogdan <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2015/01/12 18:58:34 UTC

Datastax Cassandra Java Driver executeAsynch question.

Hello all,

In my implementation of the FutureCallBack<> interface in the onSuccess method, I put Thread.currentThread.getName(). What I saw was that there is a ThreadPool... That is all fine, but seems to me that the pool does not have that many threads. About 10 from my observations - I did not bother to get the exact number. Why? Well because when I query cassandra I have a list of about 6000 cf keys. I traverse the list and executeAsynch a prepared statement for each of these. I have seen that during the execution the driver is waiting for free threads to continue if all the threads in the pool are waiting for response from C*.
How can I increase the number of threads that the driver uses to query Cassandra?

Re: Datastax Cassandra Java Driver executeAsynch question.

Posted by Alex Popescu <al...@datastax.com>.
Hi Bogdan,

This question would be better on the specific driver's mailing list.
Assuming you are using the Java driver the mailing list is [1]. As for your
question look into PoolingOptions [2] that you pass when configuring the
Cluster instance.

[1]:
https://groups.google.com/a/lists.datastax.com/forum/#!forum/java-driver-user

[2]: