Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <ma...@hp.com> on 2001/07/13 03:18:14 UTC

preliminary mod_ssl patch

Hi,
	Here's the patch to enable SSL connection through mod_ssl. The patch
is derived off the httpd-2_0_20 sources and has to be applied on top of the
previous patch that I'd sent out (on 7/6/2001). I'm also attaching the SSL
portion of my httpd.conf.

Quick Summary :
The basic https connection works(there are lots of outstanding issues that
are still being worked on).
1. There is a known problem of not being able to open multiple connections
from a single client.
2. The Passphrase dialog is still not yet handled.
3. SessionCache is enabled for DBM only.

Further to this patch, I'll be looking into the following issues :
1. Using process_rec->pool->user_data instead of ap_global_ctx.
2. Multiple connections problem.
3. Pass Phrase dialog.
4. Session Cache handling.
5. More that I'm not thinking of right now.....

Please note that the patch is still under development (and minimally
tested). So, please review and use appropriate judgement whether to include
in the distribution tree or not. I'm looking forward to any comments /
suggestions / issues.

Thanks
-Madhu

 <<patchfile.txt>>