Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by cm...@collab.net on 2002/12/02 14:05:18 UTC

Re: database destroyed

Petr Sebor <pe...@scssoft.com> writes:

> I was just doing 'svn up' and watching the 'top' to slowly crawl to
> the ~300MB
> barrier.
>
> [Just for the reference, it is the svn 0.14.5-1 debian package]

Yeah, I definitely nailed a bug with those symptoms relatively
recently.  Let us know if you see the same results with the latest
Subversion client, once you've upgraded.  Thanks!

Re: database destroyed

Posted by Petr Sebor <pe...@scssoft.com>.
cmpilato@collab.net wrote:

>Petr Sebor <pe...@scssoft.com> writes:
>

>>I was just doing 'svn up' and watching the 'top' to slowly crawl to
>>the ~300MB
>>barrier.
>>
>>[Just for the reference, it is the svn 0.14.5-1 debian package]
>>

>Yeah, I definitely nailed a bug with those symptoms relatively
>recently.  Let us know if you see the same results with the latest
>Subversion client, once you've upgraded.  Thanks!

Yes,  0.15.0-1 client eats only up to ~24MB with the same data (while
the server
ate about ~100MB of memory... 2078 files in repository). Unfortunately I
don't
know what was the memory usage of the server with the previous version,
but still, 100MB seems a little bit too much.

Best,
Petr