Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org> on 2019/12/12 18:39:04 UTC

2019 December Board Report Draft

The 2019 December ASF board report is due today.  I've created an initial
draft below.  Comments, suggestions and feedback are welcome.  Otherwise,
it will be submitted later today.

Thanks!

Les

Apache Shiro is a powerful and flexible open-source application security
framework that cleanly handles authentication, authorization, enterprise
session management and cryptography.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Membership Data:
Apache Shiro was founded 2010-09-21 (9 years ago)
There are currently 13 committers and 11 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 7:6.

Community changes, past quarter:
- Colm O hEigeartaigh was added to the PMC on 2019-10-08
- Jean-Baptiste Onofré was added to the PMC on 2019-10-07
- Colm O hEigeartaigh was added as committer on 2019-10-09
- Jean-Baptiste Onofré was added as committer on 2019-10-08

## Project Activity:
We are still working towards the next 1.5.0 release, which has taken a
little
longer than expected. Last release was 1.4.1 on 2019-05-01.

## Community Health:
- dev@shiro.apache.org had a 2% increase in traffic in the past quarter
  (291 emails compared to 284)
- user@shiro.apache.org had a 35% increase in traffic in the past quarter
  (42 emails compared to 31)
- 10 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (-44% decrease)
- 17 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (no change)
- 28 commits in the past quarter (-3% decrease)
- 8 code contributors in the past quarter (no change)
- 23 PRs opened on GitHub, past quarter (no change)
- 30 PRs closed on GitHub, past quarter (20% increase)

Re: 2019 December Board Report Draft

Posted by Brian Demers <br...@gmail.com>.
+1

-Brian