Posted to mod_dtcl@tcl.apache.org by "Zeinert, Holger" <Ho...@lms-gmbh.de> on 2003/04/07 18:54:36 UTC

Problem when passing multi-line text as FORM variables

Hi,

my problem is demonstrated in the following page "coding.ttml":

<form action=coding.ttml method=get>
<? puts -nonewline "<textarea cols=10 rows=5 name=text>[var get
text]</textarea>" ?>
<input type=submit value=check>

</form>

If I enter a<Return>b in the text area an press check, the following URL is
created:

	http://localhost/coding.ttml?text=a%0D%0Ab

When using mod_dtcl on Linux, this gets translated back to the content of
the textarea as "a<Return>b", but running the server on Windows, it's
displayed as "a<Return><Return>b", so both %0D and %0A are considered to be
newlines. Repeating button "check" will double each newline... annoying.

BTW: coding a <Return> as %0D%0A is done with Mozilla on Linux and using
Internet Explorer on Windows.

Has anybody a clue where to check this?

Best regards
Holger