Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Kevin Farmer <KF...@Camstar.com> on 2014/11/03 22:44:43 UTC

Duplicated thread groups all write results into intial group's listeners

Hi all,

In JMeter v 2.11 r1554548 I have created a test plan with a single thread group that after a few database queries has Summary Report listener as a child element.  I then right click -> Duplicate that thread group several times, and set the test plan to run thread groups consecutively.

When I run the test, all of the results for all of the thread groups show up under the original thread group's Summary Report rather than in their own.  If I go through each of the new thread groups and do something like change the name of the Summary Report and then save it and re-run, the results now show up in the Summary Report of the correct thread group.  Is this expected behavior?  Or should I be setting this up differently?

Thank you,
Kevin Farmer

Re: Duplicated thread groups all write results into intial group's listeners

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The listener should record all samples that are present in it's own parent
element or at a lower hierarchical level. If this does not apply than it's
probably a bug.

You should report it and mention the tree structure / elements.

Adrian S