Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by tuku <ut...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/02 13:54:33 UTC

theta normalization fo naive bayes is commented out

hello;

i searched wiki and the web but couldn't find the reason why theta
normalization is commented out for naive bayes classification.
there is a todo comment on top that states this will be enabled soon.

is there any schedule for this?
do anyone know the reason not to use theta normalization? I am developing
some classifiers using mahout, may be I can manage to get it to work.

best regards.

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~
If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
"Fish don't know they're in water."
"Smile, breathe and go slowly." - Thich Nhat Hanh, Zen Buddhist monk
"Zamanlarını para kazanmak ve saklamakla geçirenler, sonunda, en çok
istediklerinin satın alınamayacak şeyler olduğunu anlarlar."
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life
in your years."
"in 20 years, you will be more dissapointed by what you didn't do than what
you did."
"If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go with others."
"Remember, happiness is a way of travel not a destination"
"A good traveller has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving."

Re: theta normalization fo naive bayes is commented out