Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Al...@miranda.com on 2014/07/08 00:25:56 UTC

iPojo bundles lifecycle

I noticed today when running on a headless equinox (as opposed to PDE in
eclipse) my iPojo services did not register and they were not available to
consumers. I think it was because the bundles were only RESOLVED and not
ACTIVE.

To be able to have the services in the service registry do I need to start
the bundles? I tried starting all my bundles at launch time (via
config.ini) and this works fine; whoever, I'm wondering if there is no
lazier way where the bundle registers its services without already being
active and only becomes active when a consumer uses the instance.
Is there such a thing?
What is the standard way to deal with the lifecycle of bundles containing
iPojo/OSGi services?

Thank you,

Alejandro Endo | Software Designer/Concepteur de logiciels

DISCLAIMER:
Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not
copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you
should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not
relate to the official business of the company are neither given
nor endorsed by the company.
Thank You.

Re: iPojo bundles lifecycle

Posted by Al...@miranda.com.
Got it

Thank you Clement

Alejandro Endo | Software Designer/Concepteur de logiciels

From:   Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>
To:     users@felix.apache.org,
Date:   2014-07-09 01:45
Subject:        Re: iPojo bundles lifecycle

Hi,

On 8 juillet 2014 at 00:26:25, alejandro.endo@miranda.com
(alejandro.endo@miranda.com) wrote:

I noticed today when running on a headless equinox (as opposed to PDE in
eclipse) my iPojo services did not register and they were not available
consumers. I think it was because the bundles were only RESOLVED and not
ACTIVE.
Yes, bundles need to be active to be handled by iPOJO.

To be able to have the services in the service registry do I need to
start
the bundles? I tried starting all my bundles at launch time (via
config.ini) and this works fine; whoever, I'm wondering if there is no
lazier way where the bundle registers its services without already being
active and only becomes active when a consumer uses the instance.
Is there such a thing?
What is the standard way to deal with the lifecycle of bundles containing
iPojo/OSGi services?
Bundles need to be active. The lazy initialization is managed inside iPOJO
itself. Service objects are only created on the first usage.

Regards,

Clement

Re: iPojo bundles lifecycle