Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Adil <ad...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/12 15:56:20 UTC

electricity outage problem

Hi,

we have two DC with 5 nodes in each cluster, yesterday there was an
electricity outage causing all nodes down, we restart the clusters but when
we run nodetool status on DC1 it results that some nodes are DN, the
strange thing is that running the command from diffrent node in DC1 doesn't
give the same node in DC as own, we have noticed this message in the log
"received an invalid gossip generation for peer", does anyone know how to
resolve this problem? should we purge the gossip?

thanks

Adil

Re: electricity outage problem

Posted by Adil <ad...@gmail.com>.
our case is not about accepting connection, some nodes receives gossip
generation number greater the local one, a looked at the tables peers and
local and can't found where local one is stored.

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.
Nodes need about 60-90 second delay before it can start accepting
connections as a seed node. Also a seed node needs time to accept a node
starting up, and syncing to other nodes (on 10gbit the max new nodes is
only 1 or 2, on 1gigabit it can handle at least 3-4 new nodes connecting).
In a large cluster (500 nodes) I see this wierd condition where nodetool
status shows overlapping subsets of nodes, and the problem does not go away
after even an hour on a 10 gigabit network).

*.......*

*“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in apretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside
in a cloud of smoke,thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter ThompsonDaemeon C.M. ReiydelleUSA
(+1) 415.501.0198London (+44) (0) 20 8144 9872*

Posted by Adil <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.