Posted to dev@age.apache.org by Josh Innis <jo...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/03 21:08:14 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache AGE Viewer (incubating) 1.0.0-rc0

Hi Felix,

I believe that dependencies that are not bundled in the release are not
required. Which would be all the dependencies listed in the two
package.json files.

https://infra.apache.org/licensing-howto.html#bundled-vs-non-bundled

For agensGraphRepository.js, the project AgensGraph is distributed under
the Apache 2.0 license
https://github.com/bitnine-oss/agensgraph/blob/master/LICENSE. No bundled
bits are included in the release. A scan of the United Statement Patent and
Trademark database yields no relevant results.

We should remove the reference to bitnine/agviewer and either remove the
section or construct a docker image under the apache name.

Posted by Josh Innis <jo...@apache.org>.
Correction: AgensGraph is trademarked.

https://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=AgensGraph&OS=AgensGraph&RS=AgensGraph

Posted by Josh Innis <jo...@gmail.com>.
The northwind.jsx is an example on how to use AGE Viewer with AgensGraph.
Currently, AGE Viewer is compatible with both AgensGraph and Apache AGE, so
the file does not involve AGE, but it is helpful in how to use AGE Viewer
in general.

SIL dictates the License must be included
https://tldrlegal.com/license/open-font-license-(ofl)-explained#fulltext.
We must include the SIL license in the header.

The Cytoscape lib must be noted as such in the LICENSE.

References to Bitnine need to be removed, so the logo needs to change, the
same is true for the lines in the About sidebar.

Posted by Nicholas Sorrell <ni...@cint.io>.
I have a few questions:

  *   SidebarAbout.jsx - https://github.com/apache/incubator-age-viewer/blob/main/frontend/src/components/sidebar/presentations/SidebarAbout.jsx