Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeff Sese <js...@asiatype.com> on 2007/08/24 11:08:40 UTC

Positioning a Block In the Lower Corner of The 1st Column

Hi,

Is this possible in FOP? I have a two column layout and I want to place
a text block in the lower corner of the 1st column of the page.

+-------------------------+
+  ----------  ---------   +
+  ----------  ---------   +
+  ----------  ---------   +
+  ----------  ---------   +
+  ----------  ---------   +
+  ******   ---------   +
+  ******   ---------   +
+  ******   ---------   +
+-------------------------+

I was first thinking of floats but i guess it's not yet implemented. I
also tried using footnotes but FOP has problems when it involves more
then one column.

TIA

--
Jeff

Re: Positioning a Block In the Lower Corner of The 1st Column

Posted by Jeff Sese <js...@asiatype.com>.
Heres an image attachment of what i want to achieve.

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Jeff Sese wrote:

> Thanks, I have tried it, but the text from the other block overlaps the
> block-container. How can I avoid this?

You Can't. The only way to achieve what you need using XSL-FO 1.0 is
side-floats. But as you already discovered FOP doesn't support
side-floats :(

<snip/>

Chris

Re: Positioning a Block In the Lower Corner of The 1st Column

Posted by Jeff Sese <js...@asiatype.com>.

Posted by Martijn Laarman <mp...@gmail.com>.