Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/13 11:36:17 UTC

Publish/Subscribe with Camel

I am thinking to write a small article about different ways to do pub/sub
with Camel.
For the moment I can think of the following components that can do that:

seda
vm
jms/activemq
redis
sns/sqs

Are there any other I am missing?

Thanks
Bilgin

Re: Publish/Subscribe with Camel

Posted by Martin Stiborský <ma...@gmail.com>.
Guys, when I see the discussion about pub/sub and Camel…
I'm going to write a simple chat, it's more like "shoutbox", I need several
instances of such communication channel and also it needs to be possible
easily create new channels.
Primary client will be a webpage (html5), but there is high possibility
that there will be more clients - for example Android application - so, I
want to utilize REST interface in Camel, as we have also other services
integrated through REST.
As a storage, I guess Redis is my weapon of choice currently.

I missed a train a little bit in this area - I mean, pub/sub, html5, all
these fancy JS things (CoffeeScript, NodeJS, AngularJS), interactive
communication...
Do you have any suggestions or hints that you would not mind to share with
me?
Or maybe what tools you would use for such feature request? Just a quick
hint is good enough for me :)

--
S pozdravem / Best regards
Martin Stiborský