Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Javier Urbaneja <ur...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/28 22:01:50 UTC

Re: Deprecating the DAO framework?

-1
iBATIS DAO framework is easy, works great, and the DAOs are a very nice
place to manage the transactions. I liked the DAO framework since I saw it
in action at the JPetStore example.
Probably I will move on to Spring too, but I don't think every iBATIS user
has to.
IMHO, there's no reason to deprecate it, it's not like PaginatedList, which
I agree is probably confusing some people and has some shortcomings (memory
usage if it's for web applications, not serializable,...). People who don't
like the DAO framework, just don't use it.
Clinton, I really think you should not be "ashamed" of that nice piece of
code and should not "erase" its existence in the project.

Greetings.