Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Bruno Charloup <bc...@jouve.fr> on 2007/10/19 10:30:32 UTC

Functional test mode / Post-processor "save response to a file" usage

Hi all,

I want to use Jmeter for functional test (non regression, comparison of

I've found the post-processor "Save responses to a file" and it can answer
to my problem, but I don't how to indicate the folder where files will be
created (default location is the bin directory, and I can't found any
information about this location in the jmeter.properties file).

I have also a second question about the check box "Functional Test Mode" in
the Test Plan pan : how it works ? only during the creation of a new JMeter
script ? in this case, where files are recorded ?

Or this check box can be check when running test (with a single user) and,
in this case, where data received from this server are saved ?

Thanks in advance for any information.

--
Bruno

RE: Functional test mode / Post-processor "save response to a file" usage

Posted by Bruno Charloup <bc...@jouve.fr>.
It's perfectly clear. Thanks for your answers.

> I want to use Jmeter for functional test (non regression, comparison of
>

> I've found the post-processor "Save responses to a file" and it can answer
> to my problem, but I don't how to indicate the folder where files will be
> created (default location is the bin directory, and I can't found any
> information about this location in the jmeter.properties file).

The file name is a prefix - just use a relative (or absolute) file
without an extension.

> I have also a second question about the check box "Functional Test Mode"
in
> the Test Plan pan : how it works ? only during the creation of a new
JMeter
> script ? in this case, where files are recorded ?
>
> Or this check box can be check when running test (with a single user) and,
> in this case, where data received from this server are saved ?

It affects what data is saved in Listener files.

Selecting it is equivalent to selecting "Save Response Data" and "Save
Sampler Data" in all Listener save-file configurations.

Does not affect CSV files, because these don't store such information.

Re: Functional test mode / Post-processor "save response to a file" usage

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.