Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Justin Pywell <py...@telusplanet.net> on 2002/01/25 04:42:33 UTC

Gotta Tuffy!

Hey, if anyone is interested in problem solving I have a good one here.

My domain, http://www.centralgaming.net works just fine. We have a custom
php script forum that worked 100% with hardly any load time on the pages.
Now that we have reinstalled the server (FreeBSD 4.4) and have (we think)
everything installed... any page that is loaded in
http://www.centralgaming.net/php/ like the forum or administration scripts
take a good 1 - 2 minutes to load the page... we dont have the foggiest idea
why. I dont know if we need to install more module's or if there is
something that needs to be done otherwise... the main page of the site (or
any page not in the php folder loads fine and same with my other sites
webpages) but anything in that dir is just killer load time. If anyone has
any ideas it would be much appreciated to get things sped up again :)

Justin

Re: Gotta Tuffy!

Posted by "Nigel S. Ball" <ni...@enesbe.com.au>.
On Fri, 2002-01-25 at 14:42, Justin Pywell wrote:
> Hey, if anyone is interested in problem solving I have a good one here.
>
> My domain, http://www.centralgaming.net works just fine. We have a custom
> php script forum that worked 100% with hardly any load time on the pages.
> Now that we have reinstalled the server (FreeBSD 4.4) and have (we think)
> everything installed... any page that is loaded in
> http://www.centralgaming.net/php/ like the forum or administration scripts
> take a good 1 - 2 minutes to load the page... we dont have the foggiest idea
> why. I dont know if we need to install more module's or if there is
> something that needs to be done otherwise... the main page of the site (or
> any page not in the php folder loads fine and same with my other sites
> webpages) but anything in that dir is just killer load time. If anyone has
> any ideas it would be much appreciated to get things sped up again :)
>
> Justin

Without any FreeBSD experience this may be way off the mark. Try
creating a tar file of the duff directory, delete the directory itself
(or rename) and then recreate the directory from the tar file.

This trick used to work with some older *nix systems when directory
access got slowed by various directory problems.

--
Nigel S. Ball
Enesbe Sales Pty Ltd

Re: Gotta Tuffy!

Posted by Andrew Hawkes <ah...@unicon.net>.
Since you mentioned forums, etc., is there database stuff taking place?

Why don't you make a simple file, foo.php:

<?php echo "Foo"; ?>

then try to load that page. See how long it takes.

-Andy