Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Mark Bennett <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/25 22:44:33 UTC

Re: Using elements

You can extend resultmaps which allow you to factor similar fields but allow
special handling for separate fields.

<resultMap id="myResult" extends="BaseMap" class="myClass">
        <result property="special" column="specialCol" select="
Namespace.getFromSomeWhere"/>
</resultMap>

Mark

Re: Using elements

Posted by Mark Bennett <ma...@gmail.com>.
Like Jeff said, no, but you could either just allow null values into your
object.  Or if you have two or three different variation of fields coming
back then you can use the extending method.  But if you really need the
flexibility of being able to handle any permutation then perhaps use a
HashMap or a maybe even a custom type handler.

Mark

Re: Using elements

Posted by Larry Meadors <lm...@apache.org>.
Why would you do that?

That makes no sense at all in a parameter map - we have the dynamic
sql so you can choose how to apply the parameters in the statement.

You can also use dyanmic sql in the select list, with a
remapResults="true", and change the returned columns.

Larry

Re: Using elements

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
Short answer - no.