Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Chris Hill <ch...@wolfram.com> on 2001/03/01 19:19:19 UTC

DOCTYPE as a string

Is there any way to use Xerces to recover the doctype declaration from the
input?  I'm not particularly interested in its contents, I'd just like to
preserve it as it appeared if possible.  I don't need to know about the
contents of the external subset.  Is installing a interceptor
DocTypeHandler which calls the original and records the relevant
information the best I can do?  I imagine such a handler could not preserve
the input exactly but would be able to produce an equivalent declaration.

Chris