Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tonu Mikk <tm...@umn.edu> on 2007/12/13 19:22:59 UTC

[users@httpd] virtual server addition disabled main server

I had a main server at domain.maindomain which was working fine.  I then
added a new virtual server at anotherdomain.maindomain and now requests
to  domain.maindomain get directed to the new virtual server directory.
I would like to be able to access the maindomain.  Included is the
virtual directory config file.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Tonu

NameVirtualHost *
<VirtualHost domain.maindomain>

DocumentRoot /var/www/
    <Directory />
        Options FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
    </Directory>
    <Directory /var/www/>
        Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
        # This directive allows us to have apache2's default start page
                # in /apache2-default/, but still have / go to the right
place
                RedirectMatch ^/$ /apache2-default/
    </Directory>

    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
    <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
        AllowOverride None
        Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log

    # alert, emerg.
    LogLevel warn

    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined
    ServerSignature On

    Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"
    <Directory "/usr/share/doc/">
        Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128
    </Directory>
# Disable Trace:
TraceEnable off

# Disable information given about your webserver:
ServerSignature Off
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost anotherdomain.maindomain>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/directory
    <Directory />
        Options FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
    </Directory>
    <Directory /var/www/directory>

Re: [users@httpd] virtual server addition disabled main server

Posted by Tonu Mikk <tm...@umn.edu>.
Eric,  Thanks for the tip!  I got it working!

I did the following:
NameVirtualHost *
<VirtualHost *>
ServerName domain.maindomain