Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com> on 2014/10/18 10:10:41 UTC

Why cartridge agent have httpclient and httpcore dependencies?

Hi,

When you extract cartridge agent zip, we have these two jars in *lib*.
httpclient-4.1.1-wso2v1.jar
httpcore-4.1.0-wso2v1.jar

Are we using these? If so, where are these dependencies coming from? How
can I change the versions?

Thanks.

--
Rajkumar Rajaratnam
Software Engineer | WSO2, Inc.

Re: Why cartridge agent have httpclient and httpcore dependencies?

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>.
Hi Raj,

If you need to exclude a particular jar when CA is built, you can use [1]
to do it. See the excludes section under dependencySet. We used the same
method earlier to stop bundling jars with Apache2 incompatible licenses to
CA. What you can do is, add the required http* jar versions to the pom so
that it will be automatically bundled by the maven assembly plugin that we
use in CA, and then use the above method to stop bundling unwanted
versions.

[1]. products/cartridge-agent/modules/distribution/src/main/assembly/bin.xml

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
Thanks Isuru and Udara.

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>.
Hi Raj,

Do we have any HTTP based communication in CA? For an example, like
accessing a rest endpoint? If so these jar might be required for that.