Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Jo...@lotus.com on 2000/10/20 21:03:32 UTC

Re: Ignoring JSP Tags

JSP tags using <%%> aren't syntactically proper XML (or proper HTML for
that matter, I believe), and so doesn't pass through a standard parser. JSP
systems used a custom parser to overcome that problem. I presume you don't
want to go there...

I've heard reports that the JSP folks are in the process of designing a new
syntax that uses XML Namespaces rather than the <%%> kluge, which would fix
this problem -- assuming you have a JSP processor that understands the new
syntax, and assuming that you're willing to rework your JSP files to use
it.

In the meantime, the simplest solution is probably to do a custom verison
of the same thing. Don't write JSP in your input files; instead, write
something that _is_ acceptable in XML, and have your stylesheet recognize
it and respond by generating JSP-syntax output.